Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Animated McDonalds Lugnut

When thinking of Transformers toys I'm sure your first thought isn't McDonalds, but regardless McDonalds had made a number of transforming Transformers toys, as well as many more non transforming ones
One of these lines was for Transformers Animated, my favorite transformers show
In this promotional toy line 6 basic figures were released (7 if you include a French exclusive)
Today we're looking at the loyal yet stupid and brutish decepticon bootlicker, Lugnut
Lugnuts McDonalds toy is just plain awful, but I love it, it looks HORRIBLE compared to his TV or mainline counterparts
I absolutely love the way it trys to replicate his appearance in this extremely budgeted manor
Like the bomb hands
And that absolute BARREL of a chest
I just love that crappy little head he has
His legs just don't exist, the only thing that alludes to it being legs is a line going down the middle 
The only posability this guy has is his little arms can move up, and that's only because of the transformation
I'm sure by just looking at it you can figure out how it transforms, the pieces feel chunky and satisfying to move and it's so basic that I just find myself fidgeting with it while doing other stuff
It's plane mode looks infinitely better than the robot mode, it just has that aeroplane feeling where you want to whoosh it around
It also has some neat details, like the turret on the top and a gold painted decepticon badge 
Overall McDonalds lugnut is a fun and simple oddity, I recommend you get this guy if you love this kind of crap like I do, he's also extremely cheep, you can find him for like $5 on eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment