Monday, July 10, 2023

ROTB Beast Alliance Arcee & Silverfang

Arcee is my favorite autobot, so when I heard that she was appearing in the next movie I was excited to see what her new design, and the toys that intail, looks like, and I quite like it! (Could use a bit more pink though)
As of now there are only 3 toys based off this design, and today we're looking at easily the worst of them, by a lot.
I mean you can tell it's her, but really? This is just awful. It also has ZERO pink, I know this design doesn't have much but it still has some. The detail is incredibly simple, only having it in very few places.
The head sculpt look pretty nice at least.
Her posability is also very bad with only 7 points of articulation, one of which is for transformation. Most crucially she's missing elbows, making it impossible to do almost any natural looking poses.
Arcee's transformation is very simple and very unsatisfying to do, resulting in this "motorcycle" if you can call it that.
That just plain sucks. I don't really have anything else to say about it
Arcee come packaged with Silverfang, a character who doesn't appear in the film itself 
Silverfang also has almost no articulation,  he can only move his legs back and forth, but if you do this he'll fall over, and he can move his head, but only to the right. His tail can be detached to become Arcee's sword as seen above, and honestly the sword is pretty cool, it'd look good with some other figures.
Silverfang doesn't have a robot mode, no instead he turns into armor for Arcee to wear.
You fold out his back, tuck in his legs, rip his jaw In half and you're ready, slot him on top and now you have this... thing. I feel this would look really cool if only they executed it right, but as it is, it sucks, the head still looks pretty good though!
I might be going crazy, but does the face look like it has a hint of pink in it?
Overall, don't get this, it sucks, and they expect you to pay a whole $25 for it, I only got it because I'm a huge sucker for Arcee. Don't be like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment